Women Into Construction CIC (“WiC or We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.women-into-construction.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and any legislation that amends or replaces those laws in England and Wales (the “Data Protection Laws”), the data controller is Women Into Construction CIC (company number 08986384).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage with us or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our workers.
The personal information that we may process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name, title, position, your employers name
- Contact information such as postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance processes
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us or we may collect for the purposes of keeping
How we obtain your personal information
You may contact us by email, phone, messaging service, by filling in forms on our website or directed to you from us or our events or via social media.
If you contact us, we will use your personal information as necessary:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- manage our business operations eg customer service and support systems
- fulfil any other purpose for which you provide the personal information
Meetings, events and seminars
We will collect and process personal information about you in relation to your attendance at our offices or at an event or seminar organised by WiC. We will only process and use special categories or personal information about your dietary or access requirements in order to cater for your needs and to meet any other legal or regulatory obligations we may have. We may share your information with IT and other service providers or business partners involved in organising or hosting the relevant event.
Visiting our website
When you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We will use this information to improve the content of our website, to customise our website to your preferences and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
What are cookies?
These cookies tell us about how visitors use our website, including the number of visitors, where they have come to the website from and the pages they visited. This allows us to make sure the website is meeting your needs and help us understand what we could improve.
Your web browser (eg Internet Explorer or Chrome) allows some control of cookies through browser settings. Have a look at www.allaboutcookies.org. for detailed information about what you can do to excise some control over cookie use, such as deleting cookies.
- track visitor behaviour, including how visitors arrive on our website
- manage and measure website performance
- distinguish between visitors, and their sessions
These Google Analytics cookies stored on your browser may remain active for up to 2 years. You can block Google Analytics cookies from your browser at any time by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- administer our website and carry out internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- report aggregate information
- keep our website safe and secure
Disclosure of your information
We may also share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them including, our funders and IT service providers to WiC. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to process your application for employment or compensation, to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). Where your personal information is transferred internationally, we will ensure that such transfers take place in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
By providing your personal information to us, you acknowledge that we collect, use, transfer and store your personal information as described in this policy.
For that reason, you should read the privacy policies of every service that you use. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “How to limit use and disclosure of your information”.
How long we keep your information
Your personal information will be retained as needed for the purposes of your interaction with WiC and in accordance with the requirements of applicable Data Protection Laws.
We collect your information from you through the website or when you contact us or request information from us and also through the course of business we may have with you. We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into legal and regulatory compliance requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and WiC business purposes.
The Data Protection Laws provide certain rights for data subjects. You may be entitled to request access to information we hold about you, or to request that your information is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate information we hold in relation to you is rectified. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data and, in some circumstances, you may have the right to receive the information we hold about you in a machine-readable format. WiC may refuse a request or obtain a reasonable fee for fulfilling a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected] , please write ‘Access to Information’ in the subject line.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this policy. Also even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.